NAEM KAO TOD
by Chef Brian Redzikowski
San Diego | Premiering on June 17
For our first stop on Tour de Cochon555, we are kicking it off on the West Coast with 2019’s “King of Pork” Chef Brian Redzikowski of Kettner Exchange. Feast your eyes as Redzikowsk showcases how to create one of his signature dishes, Naem Kao Tod.
About Chef Brian redzikowski
Brian Redzikowski, Los Angeles 2018 Prince of Pork and Chicago 2019 King of Pork, is an award winning executive chef who captivates San Diego’s Little Italy crowd with his French-Asian-SoCal cuisines at Kettner Exchange. He has cooked at the James Beard House and Le Cirque 2000 in New York as well as at Nobu Matsuhia in Aspen and Joel Robuchon in Las Vegas. He was also a contestant on Iron Chef America in 2008 and awarded Rising Chef in Los Angeles.
- 1/4 cup Bean Sprouts
- 3 Springs Cilantro
- 2 oz Pork Shoulder Sliced thin and grilled
- 1 each Scallion Sliced Thin
- 5 each Cherry Tomatoes Ripe
- 1 Egg Scrambled
- 1/4 cup Sliced Red Onion
- 1/4 Cup Chinese Sausage
- 1t Red Curry Paste
- 3T Rice Powder
- 1T Taiwanese Peanuts (Recipe below)
- Vinaigrette (Recipe below)
- Rice Procedure: Cook Jasmine Rice as instructed on the package. Brian prefers a rice cooker with a 2-1 ratio.
- Once cooked, sheet out on a single layer on a sheet tray. Place in the cooler.
- Every 12 hours with your hands flip the rice and separate the grains of rice. Do this for three days in the cooler.
- On the fourth day, place the rice at room temperature overnight or 12 hours. The rice is now ready to use and or can be stored in a jar at room temperature for 4 weeks.
- Take a 1/2 cup of dried rice and mix it with the curry paste with your hands.
- Add the rice powder and mix.
- Fry mixture at 350F. The rice will float almost immediately. Take out of the fryer with no color on a napkin and lightly season with salt.
- In a bowl, combine all remaining ingredients and mix gently.
- Add the vinaigrette to mixture, toss and coat all ingredients with the vinaigrette.
- Plate your dish and top with Cilantro leaves and stems and Taiwanese peanut.
Recipe For Taiwanese Peanuts
- 1 cup Roasted Peanuts
- 1T Brown Sugar
- Pulse in blender until the oils come out and are still coarse
Recipe for Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup Lime Juice
- 4 each Garlic Sliced Thin
- 4 each Thai Chilis Sliced Thin
- 1/4 cup Fish Sauce
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 Cups Sugar
- Bring all ingredients to a boil
- Pull off heat
- Cool to room temperature
- Add lime juice